4 Holiday Recipes
OFM#8 Jim’s Apple Crumb Pie
To make crust and crumbs:
4 cups of flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
1.5 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
6 tablespoons of milk
1-1/3 cups of canola oil (veg oil)
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
To prepare filling:
8 – 10 granny smith apples peeled, cored and sliced in a large bowl
1.5 cups of sugar added to apples
3 tablespoons of flour added to apples
1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon add to apples
Mix everything well.
Take a normal pie plate and press some of crumbs on bottom and sides.
Add bowl of apple filling. Sprinkle crumbs on top of filling a pat down
Gently to cover all apples.
Cook 40 – 50 minutes in a 400 oven until crumbs are slightly browned.
Submitted by Peter Groves 11/26/09
OFM #5 Cranberries Jezebel
SERVES 8 (change servings and units)
•1 (12 ounce) can cranberries •1 (16 ounce) package cream cheese •3 tablespoons brown sugar (*) •2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (*) •2 tablespoons prepared horseradish (*)
1) *You can alter amounts to your tastes, in fact I really don't measure these ingredients out.
2) In a small saucepan cook cranberries, brown sugar, dijon mustard and horseradish together until cooked through.
3) Chill. 4) When ready to serve, pour over the block of cream cheese.
OFN #6 Sweet Potato Pie VI
SERVES 12 -16 (change servings and units) Ingredients
•2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked •1 cup sugar •1 cup evaporated milk •3 eggs •2 1/2 tablespoons butter •1 teaspoon vanilla •1 teaspoon cinnamon •1 teaspoon nutmeg •2 tablespoons flour •1 teaspoon salt •2 unbaked pie shells
1) Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl; mix well.
2) Pour into pie shells.
3) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
OFM #7 Cheesy Mashed Turnips
SERVES 10 (change servings and units) Ingredients
•3/4 (250 g) container cream cheese •7-8 large turnips
1) Peel and chop 7 or 8 large turnips and put them in a pot.
2) Fill the pot with enough water to completely cover the turnips.
3) Let the turnips boil until they are tender and break easily with a fork. Then drain them.
4) Mix turnips with 3/4 of a 250g container of Cream Cheese and mash lightly until turnip mixture is well blended.